Currently, we are all trying to practice social distancing.
The current times have changed our lives a lot. Transits have gone out the window for many of us, working situations look a little different now, and for many of us, we’ve turned into full time mums/dads/grandparents/babysitters/teachers/sporting coaches of our own kids whilst they're off school!
But one of the greatest casualties of this lockdown, is perhaps our ability to have creative and awesome date nights with our loved ones.
For Valentines day earlier this year, we wrote a blog on 5 Date Nights and the Shoes to pair them with. The problem is, that was written before any of our current situations came into play.
So we were left with a challenge: how can we make our own living space the perfect environment for dates that keep the sparkle and romance well and truly alive? And what shoes out of our new Autumn 2020 collection will go with them?
This is what we came up with.
Holiday Themed Movie Marathon
Travel plans cancelled this year?
Okay, we can’t really replicate the feeling of the meditarranean sun on your back, but we can perhaps bring the holiday vibe into your own living room.
Why not mix up your traditional movie marathon date by only featuring movies that are filmed in exotic countries around the world? There are plenty out there- and after your 2nd or 3rd holiday movie (...uh, and maybe wine too), you will feel like you’re on vacation too.
Some of our favourites to inspire you are below:
- The Holiday (literally, the name says it all)
- Roman Holiday (we’re sorry- who doesn’t love Audrey Hepburn!?)
- Out of Africa (or Meryl Streep for that matter!?)
- The Beach (for the thrill-seekers...who also happen to indulge in a young Leonardo DiCaprio)
- Lost in Translation (Makes you feel like you are in Japan!)
- Eat, Pray, Love (Italy, India and Bali- do we need to say more!?)
- You can find even more recommendations.
In terms of shoes, you will 100% need to be comfy. Wearing something with the perfect amount of flexibility and support is paramount. Here are a couple of our faves.
Travel Inspired Dinner Night
Continuing with that travel theme- why not bring the overseas to your plate too?
Bored of cooking the same recipes over and over again? We get you- it can be so repetitive. This idea is so great for at home dates and can be customized in so many different ways.
Simply pick a country you’ve been wanting to travel to and cook dinner together inspired by that country (extra points if you can do entree all the way through to dessert in theme). This at home date night idea is also a perfect way to curb wanderlust when you can’t travel.
And why not go a step further- and decorate and dress up your place and yourself in that theme? What a truly magical evening! Here are some of our ideas:
- Get creative with a gorgeous cheese platter! Nothing better than wine and cheese, we say!
- Why not learn to make sushi together? It can be a bit tricky and fiddly- but think about the results in the end! A perfect, healthy dinner made with love. Don’t forget the Sake too!
- Set up a make-your-own taco, nachos, or burrito bar! Non-negotiable inclusion: Mojitos!
- Make homemade pizza or pasta together and Tiramisu for dessert! You can make it as easy or hard as you want. For a bit of extra fun, here is a great recipe by Jamie Oliver to make easy and quick pasta from scratch: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/a-basic-recipe-for-fresh-egg-pasta/
- Feeling adventurous? Why not dress like you are in Milan? Or perhaps the fashionable cobblestone streets of Positano? Pop on a glamorous outfit, red lips and some of our gorgeous shoe options below:
Pictured: Django & Juliette Shiannely
DIY Painting & Wine Night
Our last recommendation is for the arty souls out there. If you and your partner are feeling weary, tired or drained after a long day looking at a screen or working, maybe it’s time to inject some creativity into your day.
Ending an exhausting day with painting is oh, so therapeutic- and can be a great opportunity to debrief with your loved one on all the mishaps and stresses of your day prior. We promise- you will sleep better at night!
All you need to do is buy some cheap canvases and paints, look up a painting tutorial on YouTube (or perhaps watch Bob Ross on Netflix!) and paint at home together for your at home date night! It doesn’t matter if you’re not artistic or your painting comes out looking nothing like the original, just being creative can be so fun and relaxing- and is awesome quality time with your partner).
When it comes to shoes- we say go BRIGHT and FUN! Nothing like inspiring the brain and getting your creative juices flowing then shoes that make our eyes happy. Here are some of our faves.
Left: Audrey Avenue Annabella
Right: Rollie Derby 2
And that’s it! Hope you found inspiration to perhaps spice up your next date night.
Our hearts and best wishes are going out to everyone at this time! Let’s stay safe, connected and stylish- all shoes now 25% off.
Find your perfect fit at Easy Living Footwear.